When Americans go out to eat at an Italian restaurant, it can be disappointing. However, there’s a small restaurant in Frederick, Maryland, that’s doing it right: everything is either imported from Italy (including the oven) or made in-house with authentic Italian ingredients.
Our next writer (a travel agent) gives us seven tips for making it possible to skip the cost and inconvenience of checking a bag.
Traveling with pets can be a challenge. Schoodic Woods Campground in Acadia National Park in Maine proved to be the perfect honeymoon solution for our next writer, her husband, and their three large dogs.
Mount Washington in New Hampshire is the self-proclaimed “Home of the World’s Worst Weather.” So why would anyone choose to go there?
We wrap up this issue of the Travel Post with a visit to the Zodiac restaurant in San Diego’s Neiman Marcus, which is, according to our writer (a veteran of high-end department store shopping and dining), “an oasis of fine dining and exceptional service in the midst of high fashion.”
Read these stories — and see the great photos that go with them –below.
Fair winds and following seas,
Editor, Travel Post Monthly
- RV Honeymoon — Acadia National Park (4/2/2018) - When my husband and I married this past July, we wanted a honeymoon in which we could relax, tour great scenery, and -- most challenging of all -- take our three dogs with us.
- Skipping the Baggage Carousel — 7 Tips on How to Pack for Carry-on Only (4/2/2018) - Imagine skipping the line at the check-in counter, getting easily through security, and at your destination going directly from the gate to the transportation area, all without having to pay baggage fees heading out or coming home.
- “Home of the World’s Worst Weather,” Mount Washington, New Hampshire (4/2/2018) - The road is winding, steep, and narrow, parts of it with sheer drop-offs giving you the feeling of slipping over the edge at any time (no guard rails here, folks).
- For Real Italian, Travel to Maryland (4/2/2018) - No plates of endless spaghetti noodles that get wasted at Pistarro’s.
- The Zodiac: Gourmet In-Store Dining in San Diego, California (4/2/2018) - As the flavorful, complimentary appetizer warms your throat and delights your palate, a petite server sneaks up to your table as though it were the throne of a Chinese emperor. In a soft, cordial voice with an instantly charming Asian accent, he offers you a popover.