This month’s Travel Post starts out in Far Hills, New Jersey, at “The Hunt,” a steeplechase fundraising event that attracts more than 35,000 attendees who spend the day watching the races, tailgating, and enjoying the party atmosphere.
In September of 2017, just after the refreshing monsoons, our next writer experienced life on a houseboat for the first time. She explored the lakes and rivers of Kerala, India, getting a glimpse of “a traditional Kerala lifestyle at a slow and leisurely pace.”
Colorado is landlocked, which has made it historically difficult to source fresh fish. GB’s Fish and Chips “opened its doors in 2007 because the owner couldn’t find decent fish and chips in the Denver area.”
“Imagine the chance to see polar bears and wolves… with nothing between them and you but three highly-trained guides.” The Nanuk Polar Bear Lodge, an hour-long small plane ride from Churchill, Manitoba, provides face-to-face encounters with wildlife, spectacular sunrises and sunsets, and gourmet food for adventurous travelers.
Our last writer works internationally and, as an ancient history buff, is “always seeking exciting places to explore.” She was thrilled with her time in Petra and Wadi Rum, Jordan, and shares some tips for a memorable experience there.
Read these stories — and see the great photos that go with them — below.
Fair winds and following seas,
Editor, Travel Post Monthly
- Suburban Steeplechase Racing (3/1/2018) - Of course, the main event is the horse racing, set against a backdrop of diversions and sights to see (and opportunities to be seen) for the attendees.
- Kerala Slow and Peaceful (3/1/2018) - At night the houseboats moor, and we spent our time watching the stars at night and the amazing birdlife as Kerala came to life in the early mornings.
- GB’s Fish and Chips: Fantastic Fish and Chips in Denver, Colorado (3/1/2018) - GB’s Fish and Chips, a small family-owned chain of four restaurants, opened its doors in 2007 because the owner couldn’t find decent fish and chips in the Denver area.
- Forget Churchill’s Tundra Buggy — Experience Polar Bear Bliss at Nanuk (3/1/2018) - Witness sunsets from open air decks, exploding across the horizon as the brilliant tapestry of colors contrasts magnificently against darkening skies.
- Petra and Wadi Rum: Travel Tips from an Intrepid Traveler (3/1/2018) - For this intrepid traveler, my bucket list trips to Petra and Wadi Rum, Jordan, delivered all the ancient history and adventure I had dreamed of.