This month’s Travel Post starts out at a little farm-to-taco eatery located in the “boho-chic” part of Georgetown in Washington, D.C. Chaia serves creatively healthy vegetarian tacos at prices that are surprisingly reasonable for normally-pricey Georgetown.
“In 1936, a soon-to-be-disgraced king vacationing along the Croatian coastline discovered skinny dipping and sun worshipping in the buff…” That royal scandal appears to have started a trend which thrives to this day in Croatia.
Tourism is booming in Canada this year as part of the country’s 150th Anniversary of Confederation. The world-renowned Butchart Gardens in the beautiful city of Victoria is high on the list of places to visit.
Our next writer gives us the highlights of her seven-day exploration of northern Italy. A renovated medieval castle served as her home base throughout the trip.
Cabo San Lucas has a reputation for being a tourist trap and a spring break mecca, but according to our writer, it’s still possible to create an “off the beaten path” vacation there “if you seek out lesser-known businesses and attractions and places where the locals congregate.”
Read these stories — and see the great photos that go with them — below.
Editor, Travel Post Monthly
This Month …
- Chaia, Farm-to-Taco Eatery: Where’s the Beef? (8/1/2017) - By Kimberly Johnson ITWPA Member Located off bustling Wisconsin Avenue in the boho-chic part of Georgetown hides a little farm-to-taco eatery known as Chaia (a.k.a. “swimsuit body friendly”). This trendy eatery dishes up highly sought after tacos, making it the perfect spot for tourists and locals craving a healthy, gluten-free meal. What you won’t find in these tacos is meat. What you will find is quite possibly the best vegetarian tacos in Washington, D.C.
- A Naked King Starts a Trend in Croatia (8/1/2017) - By Audra Brianne ITWPA Member Nude sunbathing isn’t for everyone. Hot sun beating down on head-to-toe exposed skin, displaying less than pencil-thin bodies, and sand traveling everywhere.
- Plan to Spend the Day – Butchart Gardens, Victoria, BC (8/1/2017) - By Joanne Reid It’s early morning in the beautiful city of Victoria, British Columbia, and already we are on our way to The Butchart Gardens, located in the Brentwood Bay area. The gardens are on 55 acres of land originally purchased and used by the Butchart family to build a cement factory (due to its […]
- Castle Getaway: Italy’s Northern Treasures in 7 Days (8/1/2017) - By Adriana Popa An inexhaustible destination and a dream vacation spot for many travelers around the world, Italy has something to offer in every region, and accommodations range from unassuming family-owned farmhouses to five-star hotels and renovated medieval castles. One shining example of the latter is the 12th century Castello di Montegufoni in Tuscany’s Chianti […]
- Making an Original Experience in Cabo San Lucas (8/1/2017) - By Martha Branson ITWPA Member Travel to Cabo San Lucas from southern California is easy and inexpensive and the area remains one of the safer places to visit in Mexico. It has a reputation for being a tourist trap and a spring break mecca, but if you seek out lesser-known businesses and attractions and places […]