Hello, and thanks for subscribing to Travel Post Monthly.
This month we are covering Street Art, Shark Bait, Fish Cakes, and Old Pizza. Sounds great, doesn’t it? All of our writers are 2nd or 3rd-timers. They’ve been published in our newsletter before.
Daniel Freeman, our first writer, is a retired educator and Science Supervisor from the Florida school system and the Department of Defense. His beautifully photographed story details a road trip with his daughter to photograph murals. You can follow Dr. Dan HERE, where he writes about his travels to view building murals, street art, and other types of road trips. This is Daniel’s second story for Travel Post Monthly.
Ready for some African thrills? Elsa Dixon features some of the most exciting things you can do in South Africa. Elsa is a travel writer, a contributor to stock photography, and an ITWPA member. She is also a part-time music teacher and runs a small group tour company. See her website HERE. This is Elsa’s third story for TPM.
Rebecca’s Restaurant, by Janet Couper is a lovely review of a Nova Scotia South Shore eatery. Her photos capture the scenic beauty and the yummy food. Janet is a freelance writer, artist and true Nova Scotian living in Schooner Cove. This is Janet’s second story for TPM.
Who doesn’t love old pizza? Michelangelo DeSantis takes us on a quick tour of some of the east coast places claiming to be the ‘oldest pizza’ in the U.S. I want to take his tasting tour next time I’m in NYC’s Lower East Side. This is travel writer and photographer Mike’s third story for TPM.
Last Call for Submissions – Winter Holiday Stories
The December 2019 TPM will feature Winter Holiday articles and photos. Travel Post Monthly wants your Winter Holiday stories.
Send your best stories and pictures showing readers the perfect place or way to celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Winter Solstice, New Year’s or any one of the many winter celebrations from around the globe. Destinations, customs, food, libations, music, art, decorations; all are fair game.
Deadline for submissions is October 15, 2019. Stories should be 500—800 words. Photos are a big +, include your best shots.
Read TPM‘s Writers and Photographers guides to learn how to submit your story and photos. ITWPA Membership isn’t required, but members are given priority. Many writers get their first bylines with Travel Post Monthly, will yours be next? Use the link in the guides to submit your work.
Until next time,
Editor, Travel Post Monthly
This Month …
- Photographing the Murals of the Alabama Wiregrass(10/4/2019) – I have been photographing building murals and street art for the past 14-years. So whenever I get the chance to “hit” the road and drive through America’s smaller towns, I usually take my camera.
- Five Thrilling Adventures in South Africa(10/4/2019) – Any time of the year is a thrilling time to visit South Africa, and if you are looking for adventure, there is no better place.
- Rebecca’s Restaurant, Mahone Bay(10/4/2019) – Rebecca’s culinary team consistently creates intriguing dishes with local organic produce, fresh seafood (or free-range meat), and innovative mixes of herbs to punctuate dressing blends.
- The Oldest Pizza in America(10/4/2019) – On a recent trip to New York City’s Lower East side, my wife and I stopped a Lombardi’s Pizza on Spring Street for a late lunch/early dinner.
- Editor’s Choice – October 2019(10/4/2019) – Fact-checking.